ThE LAsT taNGo


Death and blood and gunshots and wounds.Reaping lives and fishing souls. The smell of sweat and the sound of agony, the bizarre faces of the sick and the dying...the grotesque smiles of the people who lost their faith...these are all what i am witnessing now. And I am scared..big time!

I walked in the pavement and I can see broken rainbows the color of death. I look up the sky and I can see hopelessness and tumult. I look around..dodging glances on my environ...all I see are just thiefs and beggars and whores and liars. And so I have to secure myself and I walked and walked.

A mangy dog went out of the alley...maybe sniffing fear because it growled at me. I stared at it blankly. And so it barked and barked and I tossed it a coin..he sniffed as if it is a piece of meat. The coin's for it's soul as I uttered a silent prayer.

Alas! The clouds are getting dark! As dark as my conscience would go. I went down my knees.I beg for forgiveness for I killed a man. I deflated his ego and broke his heart. For that I felt like I killed his soul. The burden of carrying a big load is overwhelming I feel like a hunchback. I need to unload it.


And so in this city of chaos where the dusts dance in the air..and the blood is forever flowing. I keep on reminding myself to stay focused. The trail is so steep and the rain is beginning to fall. I have to stand firm then to what i need to do. This is my destiny.

And so finally I was able to reach the cliff. The angry roar of the river on the bottom is enticing. I can't stop looking at it.The foam, the great waves and the circular motion as it flows freely on the big sharp rocks. And so i spread my hands up in the air and closed my eyes...with facedown i am welcoming the sudden gush of air as I am liberating myself from the grief and my conscience and my sins one by one..I feel like a bird... as gravity is pulling me so fast..I never opened my eyes. I feel a sudden rush of joy and freedom as my hair is being swept by the air upwards and the air is moist as i am going down...down the water...and suddenly i hit the water. The splash was overcome by the great roar of wave..and i was underwater..I can't breath..i struggled...i opened my eyes and all i can see is the dark murky water.I can't breath, and i tried to claw my way up but I don't know how to swim..I am suffocating..I did struggle..I am panicking now,I need to breath..I gagged..I am drowning...slowly drowning on this pit...yes..on this cold,murderous pit...and all of a sudden..everything went so still and everything is so dark..I know..finally...i tasted death...

Comments